Thursday 19 May 2016

Mental Health First Aid: get trained

I've just spent 2 days receiving some of the most valuable CPD of my career, the standard course in Mental Health First Aid. I attended the course in Swindon but courses are delivered regularly all over the country. The course is a practical introduction to managing mental health issues in the work place and providing you with a set of core skills to use with colleagues (and students) suffering from a mental health issue.

During my career I have dealt with numerous mental health incidents involving both pupils and staff but I was always operating on gut instinct. I now feel a lot more confident in dealing with such issues at work.

Please take a look at the website HERE and ask to attend a course. The courses are inexpensive and have the potential to provide priceless support in the workplace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment